This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please see my full disclosure policy.
With spooky season just around the corner, we’re doing our best to prep for this fun, candy-filled holiday by putting together a list of some of our favorite Halloween crafts for kids!
From fun ghosts made from cotton balls and decorated pumpkins that the whole family can make together to creative Halloween themed sun catchers and watercolor spider webs that would make fantastic Halloween décor for your classroom, there’s something for everyone on this list!
Fun Halloween Crafts for Kids
Whether you’re looking for some adorable pumpkin crafts for your preschoolers or some spooky spider crafts for your older kids, we’ve got so many amazing Halloween crafts for kids to choose from and we’ve even broken them down into different categories to make finding the perfect Halloween craft as easy as possible!
Pumpkin Crafts for Kids
Nothing says Halloween quite like some pumpkins! Whether you’re decorating some actual pumpkins or you’re making your own out of paper plates, your students are going to love making these easy Halloween crafts!
- Yarn Pumpkins by One Little Project
- Easy Paper Plate Pumpkin Craft by Mom Brite
- No Paint Pumpkin Decorating by Meri Cherry
- Pumpkin Toilet Paper Roll Lantern Craft by Crafty Morning
- Popsicle Stick Pumpkin Keepsake by Fireflies & Mud Pies
- 3D Paper Pumpkins by Frugal Fun for Boys and Girls
- Autumn Leaf Jack o’ Lantern Sun Catcher by From ABCs to ACTs
- Paper Plate Pumpkin Craft by Easy Peasy and Fun
- Pumpkin Sewing Craft by I Heart Crafty Things
- Tissue Paper Pumpkin by Arty Crafty Kids
Spider Crafts for Kids
Creepy, crawly, and sometimes spooky, these spider crafts would make excellent decorations for your class Halloween party!
- Halloween Spider Craft by My Home Based Life
- Spider Web Slime by My Joy Filled Life
- Paper Plate Spiders by I Heart Crafty Things
- Silly Spider Art by Fantastic Fun and Learning
- Watercolor Spider Web by One Little Project
- Walking Spider Puppet Craft by Kids Craft Room
Frankenstein Crafts for Kids
When you think of Halloween characters, it’s hard not to immediately think of Frankenstein. He’s the perfect Halloween monster and your students are going to love getting to design their own out of paper plates, paper bags, and even craft sticks!
- Paper Plate Frankenstein Craft by Simple Everyday Mom
- Frankenstein Sun Catcher Craft by From ABCs to ACTs
- Paper Plate Frankenstein Wind Catcher by Kids Craft Room
- Frankenstein Paper Plate Craft by Homeschool Preschool
- Popsicle Stick Frankenstein by Crafty Morning
- Stuffed Paper Bag Frankenstein by I Heart Crafty Things
Mummy Crafts for Kids
Mummies are often portrayed as creepy or even scary in Halloween movies, but there’s nothing scary about these super cute mummy crafts! Just grab some scissors, a hot glue gun, and maybe even a few jars and you’re ready to make some mummies!
- Handprint Mummy Craft by Simple Everyday Mom
- Neon Mason Jar Mummies by Kids Craft Room
- Mummy Paper Plate Lacing Craft by Our Kid Things
- Toilet Paper Mummy by From ABCs to ACTs
- Toilet Paper Roll Mummy Craft by Glue Sticks and Gumdrops
- Yarn Wrapped Mummy Craft by I Heart Crafty Things
Witch Crafts for Kids
Witches are pretty synonymous with the Halloween holiday. In fact, there always seems to be at least one kid in a witch costume in nearly every group of trick or treaters. So, of course, it makes sense to add them to our list!
- Toilet Paper Roll Witch Craft by Fun Thrifty Mom
- Paper Plate Witch Hats by Cutesy Crafts
- Witch Puppet Craft by Simple Everyday Mom
- Rocking Paper Plate Witch Craft by Arty Crafty Kids
- Paper Plate Witch Craft by Non Toy Gifts
- Craft Stick Witch by The Keeper of the Cheerios
Skeleton Crafts for Kids
Looking for some craft ideas that’ll really get you ready for spooky season? Get into the Halloween spirit with these DIY skeleton crafts!
- Q-Tip Skeleton by Recycled Crafts
- Cardboard Roll Dancing Skeleton by The Pinterested Parent
- Milk Jug Skeleton by DIY Candy
- Paper Loop Skeleton by Our Kid Things
- Paper Straw Skeleton by Our Kid Things
- Funny Hanging Skeleton by Krokotak
Black Cat Crafts for Kids
We just couldn’t put together a list of Halloween crafts for kids and not include a few black cats! These are all so simple and yet so creative all at the same time!
- Black Cat Craft by Fireflies & Mud Pies
- Black Cat Paper Craft by Easy Peasy and Fun
- Cat Lantern Craft by Easy Crafts for Kids
- Fork Painted Black Cat by I Heart Arts N Crafts
- Paper Plate Black Cat by Crafts by Amanda
- Stuffed Paper Bag Black Cat Craft by Non Toy Gifts
Bat Crafts for Kids
With a few basic craft supplies like coffee filters, construction paper, pipe cleaners, and even a toilet paper roll or two, you can put together some truly adorable bat crafts that your students are going to love!
- Hanging Bat Craft by Buggy and Buddy
- Coffee Filter Bat Craft by Woo Jr
- Spoon Bats by The Joy of Sharing
- Fingerprint Bat Silhouette Craft by Crafty Morning
- Easy Paper Bat Craft by Made with Happy
- Paper Plate Flying Bat by Non Toy Gifts
Monster Crafts for Kids
If you’re looking for some Halloween craft ideas for kids of all ages, then look no further! With these fun monster crafts, kids as young as toddlers can get as creative as they’d like! Just grab some googly eyes and get crafting!
- Paper Bag Monster Puppets by I Heart Crafty Things
- Paper Plate Monsters by Made to be a Momma
- Ink Blot Monsters by Our Little Acorns
- Tie Dye Coffee Filter Monster by ABC’s of Literacy
- Watercolor Blow Paint Monsters by Made with Happy
- Silly Monster Craft by Frugal Fun for Boys and Girls
Ghost Crafts for Kids
Contrary to popular belief, ghosts don’t have to be scary! These ghost crafts, for example, are as friendly as can be, but they’d still look pretty cool on a haunted house themed bulletin board!
- Halloween Ghost Craft by The Suburban Mom
- Footprint Ghosts by Craft Morning
- Ghost Paper Finger Puppets by Easy Peasy and Fun
- Ghost Slime by Growing a Jeweled Rose
- Sponge Painted Ghost by I Heart Crafty Things
- Puffy Ghost Craft by Mom Brite
- Resist Art Ghost Craft by Crafts on Sea
- Paper Plate Flying Ghost in a Window by The Pinterested Parent
Candy Corn Crafts for Kids
This just wouldn’t be a complete list of Halloween kids’ crafts if we didn’t include some candy corn! Whether you’re excited to see them while trick or treating with your kids or you prefer to see them only as a fun craft, your students are going to love crafting with their iconic orange, white, and yellow colors!